Angels Care Hospice
Angels Care Hospice is now hiring an LPN to join our team in Broken Arrow, OK. Apply today to learn more!
Angels Care Hospice is Nationally Recognized as a ‘Great Place to Work’!
The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act, including specialized duties related to end of life care.
- Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care.
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self-plan of care.
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, SW, ST, Dietician or Clinical Supervisor.
- Uses and prepares equipment and supplies effectively, adhering to aseptic technique.
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient’s response to treatments/medications.
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in organization’s quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the registered nurse.
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program.
- Three years nursing experience. Community health/hospice or medical/surgical
experience is preferred.
- Currently licensed as an LPN/LVN in the State.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Understands philosophy of hospice concept. Also understands needs of the terminally ill.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.