Angels Care Hospice
Angels Care Hospice is now hiring a Certified Hospice Aide for our office located in Broken Arrow, OK. Apply today to learn more!
Angels Care Hospice has a simple philosophy: WE SERVE PATIENTS. Over the past 20+ years, we have grown to be one of the largest Home Health Care providers, with over 70 locations located throughout the US.
Angels Care Hospice is Nationally Recognized as a ‘Great Place to Work’!
* Full Benefits + Generous PTO Package (Available 1st Month)
* Extensive Training
* Career Advancement Opportunities
* CEU Credits
The hospice aide is responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
- Performing personal care needs after given a patient’s assignment and attending to requests promptly.
- Providing patient and family with positive communication techniques.
- Giving personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene, shampoos and changing bed linen as often as assigned.
- Assisting in dressing and undressing patients as assigned.
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals, including shopping.
- Assisting in feeding the patient.
- Providing proper care and observation of patient’s skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominence.
- Assessing and reporting on patient’s condition and significant changes to the Case Manager.
- Assist with ambulation and exercise as instructed by the hospice nurse or therapist.
- Provide normal range of motion and transfers & positioning.
- Offering and assisting with bedpans and urinals.
- Providing assistance as assigned with light laundry needs.
- Meets the training requirements of the State.
- Completed a minimum of 75 hours of classroom and supervised practical training.
- Sixteen hours of class room must be completed prior to a mandatory 16 hours of practical training.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given.
- Understands hospice philosophy, comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill.
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and the impaired.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.