Angels Care Hospice
Angels Care Hospice is now hiring a Social Worker for our Bay City, TX location. Apply today to learn more!
Angels Care Hospice is Nationally Recognized as a ‘Great Place to Work’!
The social worker contracted or employed through the organization is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services.
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient’s terminal illness and environment.
- Provides an assessment in the patient’s identified residence and assistance when this is unsafe, and another plan is required.
- Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high risks for suicide, neglect or abuse and plans intervention.
- Counsels patient and family & caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties.
- Crisis intervention when necessary.
- Educates interdisciplinary group, on any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families & caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs.
- Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with organization personnel to support patient care.
- Develops contracts with public and private agencies as resources for patient and personnel.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.