Angels Care Hospice
Angels Care Hospice is now hiring a Nurse Practitioner for our Midland, TX location. Apply today to learn more!
Angels Care Hospice is Nationally Recognized as a ‘Great Place to Work’!
Under the supervision of a physician, the nurse practitioner visits patients, completes physical assessments, performs face-to-face assessments and evaluates hospice eligibility as assigned in consultation with the hospice interdisciplinary team.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provides medical care, palliates, and manages terminal illness in compliance with the state Nurse Practice Act.
- Completes history and physical examinations, by evaluating the patient’s medical condition and
- Manages health conditions and terminal illnesses.
- Completes the hospice face to face visit requirements.
- Provides clinical information to the hospice medical director for interpretation for eligibility for hospice recertification.
- Makes recommendations to the hospice medical director regarding patient eligibility for certification and recertification for hospice care.
- Reviews clinical information, coordinates and oversees patient care in consultation with the hospice interdisciplinary team and other healthcare practitioners.
- Reviews and develops protocols for treatment and proposes options for interventions.
- Communicates and collaborates with the interdisciplinary group to create, review and revise the
patient’s plan of care.
- Consults with the patient’s attending physician, the hospice medical director and other healthcare practitioners regarding the patient’s eligibility for hospice care.
- Communicates with other community health practitioners to coordinate the plan of care.
- Attends and participates in hospice interdisciplinary group meetings as needed.
- Educates & counsels patients, families, and/or caregivers as to preventative care, medical problems, psychological problems, and spiritual problems.
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Establishes, builds and nurtures relationships with staff and community referral sources to facilitate program growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.