Angels Care Hospice
Angels Care Hospice is now looking for a Medical Director for our new location in Wichita Falls, TX. Apply today to learn more!
Angels Care Hospice is Nationally Recognized as a ‘Great Place to Work’!
The Hospice Medical Director will organize and assume overall responsibility for the medical component of the hospice patient care program.
- Certifies that the patient meets the medical criteria for hospice admission.
- Works with the admission team to provide guidance.
- Signs appropriate documentation to indicate the approval of hospice admission.
- Collaborates with the IDG to ensure that the medical needs of the patient are met and provides oversight of the plan of care.
- Collaborates with the patient’s attending physician to develop and update the patient’s plan of care.
- Ensures the provision of direct medical services to patients either directly or through arrangements in the absence of the patient’s attending physician.
- Participates in the plan of care development and manage oversight of medications and treatment.
- Reviews and develop protocols for treatment.
- Provides medical coverage and support after normal business hours when RN on call is unable to reach an attending physician.
- Responds to nurse’s pages after-hours when scheduled to be available.
- Serves as a medical resource to hospice staff, patients, families, and attending physicians regarding pain and symptom control management.
- Reviews clinical information prior to the recertification period and provides written recertification of terminal illness for subsequent benefit periods.
- Responsible for the medical component of the hospice’s patient care program.
- A Doctoral Degree in medicine (M.D.) or (D.O.) and current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.